Who would have thought that it will one day be possible for civilians to enjoy an armored tank ride just for the fun of it? Today, you will come across various organizations such as adventure centers that offer everyday people the opportunity to enjoy the experience of an actual armored tank ride. This is the perfect chance to take your employees on a team building outing, for example, but before you jump at such an awesome prospect, you might want to consider a few things first.
Armored Tanks are Safe, Tough and Durable
Although an armored tank is build to be safe, tough, durable and protect its occupants, the actual drive inside this vehicle cannot be compared with driving your car to work and back each day. To begin with, it is very noisy and uncomfortable inside, especially because of the limited and cramped space it offers and because it runs on tracks, and not wheels. The ride is usually a very shaky and bumpy one. If you have problems with claustrophobia, it is best that you stay away from this vehicle and watch from a safe distance instead.
Experience an Army Tank Ride
A few important safety tips for any tank driving experience
- Most organizations will not allow people younger than 12 years to board a tank.
- There is usually a maximum and a minimum height allowance too: 5 feet to 6 feet 4 inches
- Never board a moving tank. Only board the vehicle when it is motionless.
- No alcohol should be consumed before your tank riding experience.
- Always wear protective headgear, as there are all kinds of objects inside the cabin that could cause an injury during the ride.
- Headphones help to cancel out most of the noise inside the tank and should preferably be used.
- Tanks are equipped with an exhaust fan to remove odors from the cabin and should be used often. This helps to prevent light-headedness during the ride.
Recreational tank rides are becoming more popular and for obvious reasons, but adhering to certain safety regulations and tips, such as the ones mentioned above is very important. The following should be taken into consideration during your first tank ride experience as well:
- Always listen to the instructor and do what he tells you to do. Most instructors are extremely professional and might even be ex-military personnel, so they would know what they are talking about.
- Make sure that you wear the correct clothing for such an experience. Old clothes are the best option, as a tank ride is usually a dirty, muddy affair. Wear sturdy shoes with rubber soles as well, because the inside of a tank can be rather slippery.
- An incredibly important thing to do is to do research on the available centers in your region. As this type of outdoor activity grows in popularity, you will find more businesses that offer various tank driving experiences. Find the one that offers specifically what you are looking for.
As soon as you are ready to embark on your first tank driving excursion, make sure that you packed your camera, because the day is going to be filled with numerous unforgettable photo opportunities. Lastly, it is imperative that you have loads of fun, so enjoy every moment of the experience.
Neil Hilden contributed this guest post for Wish.co.uk. Neil is a freelance writer. He is also an automotive enthusiast and his articles mainly appear on auto blogs.